- 2 ¼ Cups of Water
- 1 Cup of Brown Rice
- 1 Tbsp of Kapthura Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- This cooking process could cut the calories in rice by “about 50 to 6o%,” study author Sudhair A. James says. This method works by changing the rice’s digestible starch to indigestible starch. One cup of medium grain white rice has roughly 246 calories; this new cooking method will cut that number to as little as 147 calories per cup.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil
- Add the coconut oil to the boiling water.
- Stir in the rice, lower heat, and cover with lid.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked.
- Place the cooked rice in a heat resistant container add in salt and fluff with a fork.
- Put the rice in the fridge for 12 hours, and that’s it! Now you have rice with 10 times the resistant starch and up to 6o% fewer calories than normal!
Prep Time : 12 Hours
Serves : 2-3